An affirmation is every repetitive thought we think or word we say, whether to ourselves or out loud. Some of these thoughts work with us, while other thoughts will work against us, stopping us from achieving our goals and desires.
The Power of REPETITION
Have you ever wondered why some people are able to achieve everything they desire, while others are unable to manifest even their basic desires? The answer is that you must program your mind using affirmations, images and visualizations, then reinforce it all with action steps every single day!!
So, start with small believable positive thoughts and statements and practice.
Any affirmation exercise would involve repeating words of positive affirmations… with passion and conviction and for as long as you do so, you will consistently break down your subconscious NEGATIVE beliefs, no matter how firmly etched in your subconscious they may seem.
Suppose you are uncomfortable with positive affirmations and statements, then take it down a step, listen to your emotions, which is far better chipping away in small steps, then falling to the bottom of the abyss of a negative, and undermining the whole process.
On the same token, if you are experiencing a sense of exhilaration at an affirmation, you are responding in a positive way that “your mind knows this to be true”, then…it is working!
Starting this process is the first step, small steps are easier, but completing each step is the key.
Charles Haanel, in his book “The Master Key“, tells us that one of the strongest positive affirmations you can use, to strengthen the will and realize your power to accomplish, is…”I can be what I will to be.”
Charles Haanel tell us to “Hold in mind the condition desired and affirm it as an already existing fact”.
It is far better to write your own affirmations, by aiming at your own negative self scripts and targeting changes that you would like to see in your life. It is also possible to use more pre-written positive affirmations of a general nature.
How Repetition Affects The Subconscious
By repeating them often on a daily basis, they become ingrained in the subconscious. Over a period of a short time, the subconscious will accept the quote/affirmation as being true. Only one thing registers on the subconscious mind: repetitive application.
1) The conscious mind may be compared to a fountain playing in the sun and falling back into the great subterranean pool of subconscious from which it rises. – Sigmund Freud
2) You affect your subconscious mind by verbal repetition. – W. Clement Stone
3) What you practice is what you manifest. – Fay Weldon
4) Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality. – Earl Nightingale
5) I don’t mess around with my subconscious. – Robert Rauschenberg
6) If our subconscious was attractive, we wouldn’t have to bury it down deep within us. – Doug Coupland